Friday, November 18, 2016

A New Beginning - Do What You Love

For anyone that reads my blog regularly, I just want to take the time to apologise for not posting in a while. To be completely honest with you, I've been going through a really tough time for the past couple of months which resulted in me losing the motivation to keep this page running, until recently.

As many of you know, the beauty industry is a huge interest of mine and one of my main passions. A few months ago, I decided to put that to the back of my mind and focus on something I deemed more future proof. There is so much pressure for young adults to know what they want to accomplish in their lives and I felt like failure because I seriously had no clue. I studied Medical Science throughout college and this opened up a few doors for me. The great thing about the course I undertook was that the job prospects were endless. I could go on and do anything I wanted, within the medical sector (obviously with a lot more training) but I didn't find that one opportunity that I knew for sure I wanted. I tried so many things; cosmetic science, medical administration and even counselling (which I still do now) but none of them made me feel truly happy at what I was doing.

Recently, this all kind of caught up with me. The feeling that I was a failure. That I would never feel like I belong. That my place in the world was pointless and that I wasn't contributing anything towards society. Around three years ago, I was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety (a whole other story) but with the help of therapy and medication, I finally learnt ways to deal with them but when situations like this happen, it takes me longer to push on through and see the 'light at the end of the tunnel'. But I did it. I got myself out of the funk.

I learnt a life lesson. As selfish as it may sound, you have to put yourself first. I was so determined to make everyone around me feel proud of my accomplishments that it even got to the stage of me lying to myself. I would tell myself that I was happy and that I was doing what I wanted but in reality, this was a big fat lie. I love doing make-up. I love helping people. And I love making a difference. So that's what I did. I very bravely, reduced my hours and set at researching new opportunities.

I am now studying Make-Up Artistry and Beauty Therapy as well as working for a charity in providing wishes for children with life-limiting conditions. But why am I writing this post?

I want to make a few changes as to the content I post on here. I will definitely still be posting beauty related posts weekly (believe me) but I also want to write about other things. Some of you may know that I am a full time wheelchair user. I want to post about my experiences with being disabled and all the things that come with it. But also about living as a normal 20 year old in this crazy world. So expect more rambling posts like this one!

I just want to end this post by encouraging you all to do what you love. Life is too short to feel underwhelmed and bored with your lifestyle. Make a change and be selfish.

35 Inspirational Quotes about Life #Inspirational  #Quotes:  inspiration quotes about life changes | Motivational Posters - Inspirational Quotes - Motivated by Living:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Beauty, Lifestyle & Rambles
Illustrated by Tori Elliott Illustration Template by Gooyaabi Templates | Powered By Blogger