Friday, January 8, 2016

MAC Haul

Last year was the year of MAC for me. For the past couple of years, I have received MAC products from my parents as Christmas presents and I absolutely loved them but I have never really had the interest of buying my own products, partly because of the price, but also because there are so many other brands that I love. Because of the hype around MAC products though, I started doing some research into them and their best-selling products to see what I should try. I brought a few lipsticks and a blusher and quickly fell in love. I now own 12 lipsticks and a couple of blushes.

For my birthday, I decided to book myself in for a make-over with one of the MAC artists. I really wanted to try some more of their products i.e. foundation, as I'd only ever focused on the things that I knew. I couldn't believe how amazing my make-up was when I left and of course, I had to buy some products! Here's what I brought;


The first product the make-up artist used on me was a softening lotion. I suffer from dry skin around my T-section and always struggle to find a nice product to use before applying my make-up that will be easy and not mean having to wash my face with an exfoliator, but this is literally incredible. My skin felt so smooth and this product is now one of my holy grails. I will be repurchasing this constantly. I also got a foundation which has great coverage and a lovely finish. I will have to purchase a lighter shade of this though as it's a bit too dark for my skin for everyday use.

Lightful C Marine - Bright Formula Softening Lotion and Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15
The next things I brought are part of the Prep + Prime collection. I had a sample of the Prep + Prime skin and loved it. Especially the fact that it had small glitter specs in it. I also got the Prep + Prime highlighter in Radiant Rose. This left such an amazing finish to my skin. I normally always buy powder highlighters as in the past I haven't really gotten on well with liquid ones but this one is a dream to blend.

Prep + Prime Skin and Prep + Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose
I then brought a Paintpot in Painterly which is a lovely nude colour that can be used as a base or alone. The colour makes my skin look super flawless. I also got a fluidline in Blacktrack which is very creamy and very easy to apply.

Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Painterly and Fluidline in Blacktrack
Then, I brought a lip liner in burgundy. The artist used a lipstick on me that I already own so I could top it up during the evening (Viva Glam 3). I brought the lip liner that matched the lipstick she used but also various other ones in my collection. Burgundy is my go to lip colour.

Viva Glam Lipstick in Viva Glam 3 and Lip Pencil in Burgundy
Lastly, I brought two brushes. One to apply the fluidline I brought and another to contour with. Both are extremely good quality although they both seem to be loosing a few bristles from the brush.

Pointed Liner Brush 211 and Small Contour Brush in 109
And that's it! I spent a lot of money but honestly, it was so worth it. Seeing all the products used and knowing they actually work for my skin is a good reason to buy this much. I honestly recommend for anyone to go and get it done. And if you're in Plymouth, ask for Natalie or Hannah. They really made me feel extremely comfortable and are very talented!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Beauty, Lifestyle & Rambles
Illustrated by Tori Elliott Illustration Template by Gooyaabi Templates | Powered By Blogger